Thanks for stopping by! If you are new to my site and/or new to couponing, you might want to start here: Getting Started! I'd be happy to answer any questions you have, just shoot me an email or leave me a comment here!


Friday, March 15, 2013

No more overage allowed at Walgreens









Walgreens is at it again.  They have changed their coupon policy and not in the favor of the couponer. Above is a snippet from the Walgreens Coupon Policy and I have highlighted the changes. In the past you could apply any overage to your basket but that will no longer be allowed. According to the new policy the coupon value must be reduced to prevent any overage.  I just hope Walgreens makes a notation on the coupon of the actual value redeemed so that they are not reimbursed for more than they discounted the item to the customer!

Another change is that the manager now gets to tell us what quantity of product is "above and beyond normal household usage".  I don't like shelf clearers but who am I to tell you that your household can't possibly use that much product, and in what timeframe?

I have only shopped at Walgreens twice since they implemented the Balance Rewards program and it doesn't look like they'll be getting any increase in my business with these changes.